Dawn Slykhuis brings 15+ years experience as a social worker specializing in mental health and substance use, including working as an instructor at the post secondary level and 10+ years of clinical supervision to a range of helping professionals.
Dawn’s professional designation as a registered social worker and training at the Masters level means sessions may be eligible for coverage through traditional extended health plans; but her grounding in the eight limbs of yoga is what makes her approach to counselling unique.
Dawn’s particular specializations include:
- child and youth mental health including depression, anxiety, ADHD, and substance use
- adult mental health including depression, anxiety, ADHD, and substance use
- integration counselling following a spiritual awakening, including debriefing following plant medicine ceremonies
- consultation on community resources and referrals to other helping professionals
- clinical supervision for registered social workers focusing on practical interventions while cultivating self compassion
Dawn is currently serving clients looking for counselling in Port Moody, Coquitlam, Burnaby, New Westminster and surrounding areas for in person appointments but can be available for online counselling upon request.
For information on counselling rates, click here.