Empowering the Next Generation Through Yoga & Mindfulness
Note: Resilient Programs may be eligible for coverage under extended health plans with RSW (Registered Social Worker) benefits.
RVN Wellness is a registered FNHA, CVAP and AFU provider. Programs may be covered by Jumpstart funding for those with financial barriers.
Explore Our Kids & Teens Programs
Our Approach & Principles
1. Body Autonomy: We emphasize the importance of body autonomy. No child is forced to participate in any activity that doesn’t feel good in their body. We teach children to safely say “no.”
2. Body Awareness: Our programs focus on developing a keen sense of body awareness.
3. Social/Emotional Learning: We incorporate social and emotional learning in all activities.
4. Inclusivity and Accessibility: We ensure that our programs are inclusive and accessible to all children.
5. Lila (Divine Play): Lila, or divine play, is a key element in our approach, fostering resilience and joy.
6. Anti-Bullying Policy: We maintain a strict anti-bullying policy to ensure a safe and nurturing environment for all participants.
7. Open to All Abilities: Children of all abilities are welcome. There is no requirement for prior experience in any of our camps.
8. Participation: Children are invited to come as they are and participate in a way that feels comfortable to them.
Shaping a Brighter Future: Benefits for Your Child
About Our Instructor: Dawn Slykhuis
Dawn Slykhuis, a yoga instructor and therapist, brings years of experience in child mental health to RVN Wellness. As a Registered Social Worker and Yoga Instructor, she expertly crafts play-based learning programs that blend yoga, breathwork, and meditation with evidence-based practices for mental wellness and social-emotional learning (SEL). Her expertise extends to working with a diverse range of needs, including supporting individuals with ADHD, neurodivergent children, and those on the autism spectrum. Dawn also offers personalized one-on-one therapy for teens and kids, providing counselling for anxiety, depression, trauma, and a variety of challenges that children may encounter. At RVN Wellness, we welcome everyone, embracing all identities, races, abilities, and backgrounds in a nurturing environment that celebrates diversity and encourages a sense of belonging and acceptance for every individual.
Registration & More Information
View RVN Wellness’ Kids and Family Yoga Classes below. Click on a class to register.
If the class you want is full, join our waitlist. Can’t find a suitable time? Just email Dawn@RVNWellness.com your preferred schedule. With at least 4 interested children, we’ll happily set up a new class. Together, we can make sure your child doesn’t miss out on our enriching yoga experience!
Resilient Kids Workshop Series (ages 5-10)
3:15 - 5:15 pm (select weeks)
Join our RVN Wellness Community in Port Moody!
We’re not just a yoga studio; we’re a sanctuary for young minds and hearts, empowering them to navigate life’s complexities with strength, calm, and resilience. Our doors are open to families across Vancouver’s Lower Mainland, including the Tri-cities (Port Moody, Coquitlam, and Port Coquitlam), Balcarra, Anmore, Burnaby, and New Westminster.
“If every 8 year old in the world is taught meditation, we will eliminate violence from the world within one generation.”
– Dalai Lama